Gold'n'Roll

U.S. Constitution – section on Gold/Silver

Welcome Forums Gold history U.S. Constitution – section on Gold/Silver

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IrishGuy
    Participant

Since today is impeachment day and lots of comments by Congress on defending the U.S. Constitution

Here is Article 1 Section 10

Article 1 – The Legislative Branch
    Section 10 – Powers Prohibited of States

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Gold’n’Roll
    Keymaster

For other issues, at least they bothered to repeal or amend the Constitution. Regarding the use of gold as money they didn’t even bother. I wonder if there were any objections back in 1971. If anyone alerted the Supreme Court, if not why, if yes how they ruled it out.

AlienMe
    Participant

The complexity of governments is so extreme that no one can follow it much less monitor it. I would say that most of the regulations today are not constitutional but even if someone has the time and money to challenge them and manage to outlive the duration of the process, the lawyers are likely to find some obscure excuse to rule on the side of the establishment. Let’s face it, the average person is helpless in the current system.

IrishGuy
    Participant

@goldnroll
    I assume this did not get challenged as it was meant to be “temporary” removal off the gold standard/backing.
    Interestingly Nickson got impeached – just not for this – – should have been impeached for this also!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.