Gold'n'Roll

No Support at Goldmoney today

Welcome Forums Goldmoney Inc. No Support at Goldmoney today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RocketDog
    Participant

Hi fellow Goldmoney customers (or former customers). I just wanted to report that I am unable to get in contact with any Relationship Manager at Goldmoney today. Not email, not phone, not online help–and I have a fully verified Holding, so am supposed to get support. They have still not transferred my withdrawal from Dec. 20. My funds are “locked up” so I can’t initiate another transfer or even buy into the gold/silver rally. They have not responded to my email from 5 days ago. Three times I’ve been in the phone queue this morning which will switch to voicemail after 4 minutes and then hangs up. Their online support widget says they are not online at the moment. Is it a holiday in Canada or GB? Anybody else having troubles or success?

SpontaneousOrder
    Participant

I’ve been using the message center on goldmoney.com. They respond to that in my experience.

Gold’n’Roll
    Keymaster

There is no bank holiday in Canada or UK after the New Year’s eve. I withdrew my funds from GM in December and it worked fast, I got my money in 2 working days. The support always answered to my messages in up to 48 hrs. I never contacted them by email or phone.

xtof
    Participant

I communicate through the message center.
    They can be slow at times but after one or 2 follow ups they always answered through this channel.
    I know it could have been a programmed e-mail blast but I received a mail yesterday regarding an updated privacy policy … there is still life in the background, and no bank holiday in the UK or CA after the 1st Jan that I aware of which could explain the delay in your answer @rocketdog.

RocketDog
    Participant

I managed to contact Goldmoney today. It was the usual thing. They could not transfer to the bank that I linked because they were trying to send a Wire Transfer and I thought they were going to use EFT/ACH which apparently they still cannot do in the USA. But their online form implies that they can. As usual, they failed to contact me when the transaction would not go through. So I had to contact them to find this out. I asked them to cancel the transaction so that I could initiate a new transaction to a Brokerage account with an International Wire Transfer routing number. Not a big deal, just wish they could send a message or something so I didn’t have to wait 20 days and spend an hour on the phone trying to get thru.
    So we shall see if/when this transaction goes thru. It is not convenient, reliable, timely, or cost-effective enough to do this on a regular basis. I suppose if I ever have $30K+ that I don’t know what to do with I might park it in there. But for now, I will hold physical gold/silver and put my cash to work in real estate and business ventures.
    I really think it may get to a point where the banks won’t transact with Goldmoney at all. Then what will their customers do?

xtof
    Participant

At the very least they could set an automatic message to be sent whenever the status of a transaction “deviates from the normality”. Your frustration is fully justified! 🙂

Just throwing it out there : Has anyone seen this type of issue (simple transfers not going through) in EUR transactions?

fragnet
    Participant

It seems like a view banks doesnt permit transfers to Goldmoney. They doesnt accept the Goldmoney IBAN Number (Sepa Transfer). I think thats the reason why some Wire transfers fail. In Germany its the VR Bank Untertaunus. I only deal with the German DKB Bank which works really great. Thank you!

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by fragnet.
    xtof
    Participant

@fragnet some banks do not allow transfers TO Goldmoney ? or FROM Goldmoney? I believe the problem for most people is to receive money from their Goldmoney account rather than putting money in.

fragnet
    Participant

@xtof I think the wire tranfer direction doesnt matters. Perhaps they dont like Goldmoney and they want to hurt Goldmoney and Goldmoney clients.

mimosa108
    Participant

FWIW and in case it helps someone….

I tried for many days starting in mid December to get help from Goldmoney in closing my account. Their email responses were worse than useless.

And there was no phone number on their site to call.

Finally I had the idea to go to Google maps and look at their location in Toronto. By clicking on that I was finally able to get a phone number. I called that number and got a helpful person and finally succeeded in closing my account.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.